I. Communications Officer for the ECF Stranger Festival
Communications and Press Relations on a free lance basis
The Stranger Festival 2008 will bring together 3000 young video-makers from the Netherlands and from across Europe to the City of Amsterdam. The festival will be a fantastic experience for the young participants (age range 15 to 25) as there will be the opportunity to participate in workshops led by leading European broadcasters, exchange artistic views, show and comment on videos, and on day three, to contribute to a debate with politicians and policy-makers on their experience of Europe. Participants will be asked to personalise the Stranger brand, upload their videos on the Stranger website and there will be awards for the best videos made. Promotion of the festival will kick-off with a call to young people to contribute videos, and the special website will go live early in 2008.
>From January 2008 - till September 2008, 2 days per week, on a freelance basis, starting date 28 January. Reporting to ECF Head of Communications and Stranger Project Leader.
To lead on communications for the Stranger project on behalf of the ECF. This implies:
* To create and implement a highly effective communications strategy for the Stranger together with the Coolpolitics Communications person with a special emphasis on the stakeholders and institutional partners (main responsibility for the cooperation between the two Communications Officers)
* To devise different ways of reaching and getting our target audience interested in the festival - including audience development
* To create strong media interest which results in coverage - in a mix of online, broadcast and print media
* To write and distribute press releases
* To edit and develop the Stranger website
* To organise media 'moments' where appropriate including briefings and interviews
* To raise brand-awareness and to devise a package of marketing tools, with particular emphasis on online marketing routes together with Coolpolitics - and to organise the distribution of marketing tools together with Coolpolitics
* To work to agreed budget and deadlines
* To liaise with the Coolpolitics team where appropriate
* Proven track record in youth marketing, youth media, education
* Excellent knowledge of online marketing and new media and in particular knowledge of youth media outlets
* Excellent and practical knowledge of the way in which European media works. Knowledge of the EU media circuit would also be useful
* Good creative writing skills in Dutch and English
* Knowledge of festival organisation and/or programming would also be an advantage
* Experience of project management including budgeting skills, planning, delivering to deadlines, and working as a member of a team
* Fluent in English and Dutch (either may be mother tongue) - ability to speak other European languages would be an advantage
Please send your CV and application letter by email to Tommi Laitio, before 16 January 2008.