August 13, 2012

ARTICLES / IT / SOCIAL MEDIA: Children learn the ABC of Twitter


LONG-running ABC program Play School is teaching children who can't even read or write how to use social media.
The popular preschoolers show has tackled space exploration and homosexuality - and now is explaining to toddlers about communicating via Twitter and Facebook.
In a recent episode, presenter Matt Passmore tweeted, blogged, texted, emailed and checked his "play book" on a cardboard computer. "What can I do while I wait, I know - I will Twitter," Passmore said. "Everyone loves my Twitter."Play School executive producer Jan Strandling said the cyber world was increasingly relevant to preschoolers.
Research showed that children as young as one could use smartphones. And preschoolers are becoming so tech-savvy that Play School now has iPhone apps and online games for under-fives, she said.

No comments: