March 1, 2009

ICDB / WORKSHOPS: Malaysian teens reveal their lives and concerns through one-minute videos

Malaysian teens reveal their lives and concerns through one-minute videos

By Indra Kumari Nadchatram

Sunday, 1 March is the International Children’s Day of Broadcasting (ICDB), when broadcasters around the world open their airwaves to programmes by, for and about children. Here is a story about one related initiative.

BANDARAYA MELAKA, Malaysia, 27 February 2009 – Qusyairi Zazili, 15, is a budding environmentalist with a concern he recently revealed at the first ‘OneMinutesJr’ video workshop hosted in Malaysia by UNICEF and the Ministry of Education.



“All the air pollution, all the open burning, the global warming, it bothers me. I am trying to do my part to save my world for my future generation,” said Qusyairi, who produced a one-minute video called ‘Gas’. “I created a video about the environment, mostly about air pollution. I don’t think the air we all breathe is clean enough. So I am doing my part to spread the message.”

full article and video

No comments: