|“UN Connector” Volunteer Blogger job description! |
The Global Youth Action Network (GYAN) is looking for young people who enjoy writing and keep up to date on current issues for a volunteer blogging position. GYAN is a network of youth organizations, and strives to connect young people around the world and provide them with the tools and resources they need to enact change locally, nationally, or globally. GYAN also has special consultative status with the United Nation’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and accordingly works to increase youth participation in the United Nations.
To this end, the staff and interns at GYAN regularly attend briefings, meetings and conferences at the United Nations Headquarters in New York and write about them in our online blog. GYAN is now looking for a dynamic, motivated and knowledgeable young person to write in our blog about issues that affect young people in their local communities, and what is being done by and for youth. The blog is available at http://www.tigblog.org/group/unreports.
- Write one blog per month minimum about one of the topics detailed below
- This position will last for 6 months; during this time you must write 6 blogs
- Work to publicize the blog in your local or national community, and urge more young people to read and comment on the entries
Currently, our blog focuses on issues and events taking place at the UN. Your blog must relate to one of the following topics:
- Basic knowledge of United Nations activities and policies
- Interest in social justice issues and in learning more about the UN
- Strong writing skills
- Fluent in English, Spanish or French
- Knowledge of youth opportunities locally and nationally
- Previous experience or involvement in working with youth, or working to make a difference in your community is helpful
E-mail us: 1 previous writing sample of your choice, and a brief essay stating your interest in the UN system. Please send us this material by the application deadline of September 15, 2008. E-mail all application materials to email@example.com.
September 11, 2008
OPPORTUNITIES: UN Connector - Volunteer Blogger
Eingestellt von Chris Schuepp