FILMS AND DOCUMENTARIES
The Asian Pacific Festival of 1st Films will be held in Singapore from 4th December – 10th December 2008
The Festival Directorate invites films from first-time filmmakers of Asian Pacific origin in the following categories:
* Best Film (Producer & Director)
* Best Director
* Best Producer
* Best Cinematographer or Editor
* Best Female Actor
* Best Male Actor
* Best Script/Screenplay
* Best Documentary
* Best Director of Documentary
* Foreign Correspondents Association Choice “Purple Orchid” Award
* Asian Pacific origin being defined as being of Asian or Pacific descent (i.e. with at least one parent being native to or the applicant being a citizen of one of the following countries):
Afghanistan, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, East Timor, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
FILMS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE:
1. Films must have been produced between September 1st 2007 and August 31st 2008.
2. Films can only be submitted by first time filmmakers of Asian Pacific origin* in the categories mentioned above.
3. Feature films final screening print should be in 35mm, 70mm, digital or HD formats
4. Documentaries may be on any format.
5. Feature Films should have a minimum running time of 80minutes.
6. All films must be submitted in their original language with English subtitles.
7. The Directorate must receive entries by the 15th September 2008.
8. Entries must be submitted online at the Official Festival website. In addition hard copies must be sent with DVD’s of the films to be submitted.
9. Each entry must be accompanied by the following:
o An official letter of consent from the producer of the film authorizing entry to the competition,
o Two printed copies of the completed entry form must accompany the tapes/DVDs.
o 3 non-returnable copies of each film or documentary in either DVD or VHS PAL format.
o A full list of artistic and technical credits.
o A profile of the nominee.
o Two photographs of the person/s or nominee entering the competition
o Two stills of the film/documentary.
o A synopsis written in English in not more than 100 words.
o ALL THE DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED ON SOFT COPY AS WELL TO COMPLETE EACH ENTRY.
10. Postal cost of tapes and submission forms will be borne by the submitting artist.
11. There is no entry fee required for submission of feature films and documentaries.
12. In the event that films are selected for screening at the Festival, all costs of shipping prints, including customs, insurance and return shipping are the responsibility of the producer.
13. No film maybe withdrawn once it has entered the selection process.
14. In cases of copyright infringement, whether local or international, the submitting producer shall be held directly responsible. The Festival Directorate will not be held liable.
15. Nominees in each award category are expected to attend the Award Ceremony.
16. Adequate publicity and promotional material must accompany the films short-listed to be screened at the Festival.
More info on the website