Caravan Creative Workshop
"THE SELF & THE CITY"
Cairo, 11th October – 13th November 2008
Deadline for application September 15th, 2008
The Caravan of the Euro-Arab Cinema (A project funded by the European Union within the framework of Euromed Audiovisual II Program) organized by SEMAT Production & Distribution, has the pleasure to announce the call for applications to participate in Caravan Creativity Workshop.
The Self & The City in 2006 and 2007 focused on documentary filmmaking, this year the Caravan hopes to provide the opportunity for more talents to benefit from the workshop working with European and Arab Artists and experts.
In 2008 Caravan Creativity Workshop includes participating in filmmaking of Short films or Animation films, both including theoretical and practical aspects, offering participants the chance to be introduced to and become acquainted with different spectrums of talent and elements of training needed to produce a Short film or an Animation film under the theme "The Self & The City". The workshop will include lectures, screenings, case studies, tutorials, discussions and the practical phase which will include the execution of the films.
The Workshop will accept 20 applicants from the Arab Mediterranean countries (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria), selected applicants should have the ability to draw, paint and operate a computer for Animation submission, and a filmmaking background for Short submission, and at least one previous work will be submitted, the language of the workshop will be English, therefore good command of English language is obligatory.
All applicants must not have any other obligations during the period of the workshop and fully dedicate themselves to the workshop, the application form and the selection requirements are available on the caravan website.
The workshop is a grant to selected participants and the Caravan covers all travel and accommodation expenses.
- The workshop will take place at SEMAT in Cairo, Egypt
- It will be conducted by European and Arab tutors and Animation experts
- The workshop is targeted at young people interested in filmmaking & Animation, to enhance their skills and become acquainted with new concepts and methods
- Candidates will apply for: Short or Animation.
- The workshop will host 20 participants from different Arab countries
- Participants will attend seminars, lectures (theoretical and practical), screenings, observations and shootings
- The Workshop will cover all the participants’ expenses: Airway tickets, Visa, accommodation in Cairo for the Workshop period.
- All applicants must not have any other obligations during the period of the workshop and fully dedicate themselves to the workshop
- Age range: 20 to 35
- Obligatory English speaking
- Drawing, painting skills – for Animation Applicants
- Good knowledge of the use of digital cameras (mini DV) & fair knowledge of non-linear editing – for Short Applicants
- Fair knowledge of computer use
- Assessment of the submitted work of the candidate
Participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance at the end of the workshop from the Caravan of the Euro-Arab Cinema
Applicants are required to fill out the application forms on the Caravan website: www.cinemacaravan.com
- To participate you have to submit:
- Application completed correctly and fully in English (applications with missing information will not be accepted)
- A recent photo
- Sample of your work ; at least 1 minute digital short film, (only DVD, VHS and CDs are accepted) or one drawing or painting or illustration, (JPG, GIF, TIFF format)
- Applications must be emailed to:
Address: SEMAT Production & Distribution
8 El Mosikar Ali Ismail st., Dokki, Giza, Egypt
Fax: 002 02 376 14 905