APPLY TO THE BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS #5
Eligible for participation are young professionals or advanced students in the areas of screenwriting, production, direction, cinematography, acting, editing, sound design, film music, art direction, production design and film journalism.
1) FILL IN THE ONLINE FORM
2) SUBMIT A SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK
DEADLINE NOV 1, 2006.
Your work sample is the most important criterion for the selection jury. Please choose ONE of the following options:
- A mini-film: an excerpt of your current or previous work or something you produce for this occasion. Approximate length: 1 minute. Any topic, any subject, any genre is welcome;
- A short film on the subject of ?Home Affairs?, maximum length 5 minutes. The best of these short films will be selected for presentation in the Berlinale programme. Find out more details here;
- Screenwriters may submit an excerpt of five pages of a screenplay plus a half page synopsis;
- Production Designers and Art Directors may submit five pages of art work plus a half page synopsis;
- Sound Designers and Film Composers may submit five minutes of sound or music;
- Producers have to send in a one minute sample of previous works and may submit an outline of a production in development;
- Film Journalists can apply for the TALENT PRESS by submitting a selection of published articles.
Accepted video formats are VHS, MiniDV or DVCam (PAL or NTSC). No VHS for short films on ?Home Affairs?. We do NOT accept DVDs.
Please note: You may also upload your sample of work.
For inspiration, check out the samples of work from former Berlinale Talent Campus participants in the Talent Database.
More detailed information and the participation conditions; go to: http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de/www/49/viewentry/186
To start your application, go to: http://tdb.berlinale-talentcampus.de/campus/application/apply/index
Young People's Media Network - Coordinator
c/o ECMC (European Centre for Media Competence)
Bergstr. 8 / 11th floor
D-45770 Marl - Germany
Mobile: +49 176 23107083
Mailing list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/youthful-media