November 6, 2014

ARTICLES: “The OneMinutesJr made me see light where I could see nothing but darkness"

CHISINAU, 5 November 2014 - Tudor Culeanu was 14 years old and lived and studied at the Străşeni boarding school 30 kilometers northwest of the capital Chisinau when he decided to participate in a OneMinutesJr workshop organized by UNICEF Moldova and the Youth Media Centre back in 2009.

Tudor produced a film about his mother who went to Moscow, the sad feeling of missing her and the almost unbearable desire to see himself, his 8 brothers and sisters and their mother together again. Tudor's mother saw the movie, but she did not return home.

Now Tudor is 19 years old and attends a college in the capital. "When I participated in the OneMinutesJr workshop I was only 14 and the desire to see my mother gave me strength to go on.  The workshop was a real chance for me. It made me see light where I could see nothing but darkness. I really hoped my mother would see the movie and would return home", the young man remembers.

full article

No comments: