October 31, 2011

NEWS: OneMinutesJr at International TV Festival in Bar


BAR, Montenegro, 24–29 October 2011 - 20 young people from Montenegro successfully finished the One Minutes Juniors film workshop, organised as part of the International TV Festival in Bar and supported by UNICEF.

The result, 20 one-minute films describing their views on key child rights issues. This year, 20 young people through one-minute movies presented their ideas on topics dealing with education, health and child protection.

Anida Avdic, student at the Institute for Education and Rehabilitation of Persons with Hearing and Speaking Impairment in Kotor, in her film described the issue of insecurity and the feeling she has about the people talking about her disability whenever she enters the bus on her way to school.

"My movie is talking about the moment I am entering the bus with the feeling of sadness and insecurity, but when a person approaches to me and helps me I feel happines. In my movie people were not talking about my disability," Alida explained.

UNICEF consultant, Chris Schuepp, helps children around the world express their ideas, dreams and opinions by supporting them to produce their own 1 min movies. This is the third year in a raw he is working on making movies with children and teenagers from Montenegro.

full article

No comments: