It will take place in two stages:
- national competitions in 14 countries organised by the Safer Internet Centres (The opening and closing dates of the national competitions are decided by each country. Please consult the information for your country).
- the first prize winners of the national competitions complete for the European Award (award in June 2011)
What is the purpose of the competition?
- to showcase quality content targeting 6-12 year olds and which is already online
- to encourage the production of quality online content which aims to benefit children in some way (educate, inform, stretch and stimulate imagination, enable new possibilities etc)
Do you want to know more about how to produce and provide online content for children?
Download: Producing and providing online content for children and young people: An inventory
Who can take part ?
- adults: this includes organisations, whether public, NGO or commercial, and private persons as individuals or as a group
- young people: 12 to 17 years old