Speak Africa calls for entries from young media personalities for the African International Media Summit (AIMS) 2008 Achievers Award. The Awards will go to media personalities that have contributed to the positive image of Africa and whose programming shows positive action in the following areas:
• Knowledge of issues affecting children and youth in the African Continent
• Consistent active involvement in using media for advocacy purposes
• Innovation or creativity in capturing and disseminating issues of concern related to children and youth in Africa.
• Efforts in positively influencing viewers’ perceptions of the African Continent (i.e. in order to assist with re-branding of the continent)
Eligible nominees must be between the ages of 15 – 35 and also citizens of the African Continent or the African Diaspora.
• Partner Agencies can nominate youth whose work they are familiar with
• youth can nominate their peers.
• self nomination is also encouraged but needs to be accompanied by verification from persons familiar with submitted work.
Submissions can be in all forms of media including video, audio, print, photographs, and paintings. Nominees MUST include a brief biography of themselves as well as current contact information including full name, telephone, e-mail and fax where applicable.
Deadline for submission: 20 March, 2008
Winners will be notified by 24 March, 2008