Calling Youth Media Producers!The Human Rights Watch International Film Festival and Adobe Youth Voices are looking for youth produced works on human rights from around the globe to screen in our newly established YOUTH PRODUCING CHANGE program.
We're looking for film, video and animated works made by youth (ages 19 and younger) that focus on human rights and social issues like:
Equality, civil rights, children's rights, women's rights, international justice, HIV/AIDS, the environment, Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender rights, health, the environment, war and conflict, freedom of expression, counterterrorism, gender, refugees, immigration, economic, social, and cultural rights and more.
Selected films will travel to:
Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, New York : June 9-16 2008
Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, Boston: Fall 2008
Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, London : March 2009
Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, San Francisco : Spring 2009
Selected films will be included in the 2009 Traveling Film Festival
Films will be added to the Adobe Youth Voices and Human Rights Watch websites
And in the teacher's lending library for the Human Rights Watch International Film Festival High School Program HOW DO I SUBMIT MY FILM?
Submitting your film to YOUTH PRODUCING CHANGE is easy! First, read our CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS (PDF Document.)
If you'd like to submit your film please follow the following steps:
1. Please email the information listed below to Jennifer Nedbalsky at email@example.com by February 8, 2008.
To submit your film please include all of the following information in the text/body of your email*:
* Director (or production group/community organization) name
* Film Title
* Film synopsis (a short paragraph summary of the film.)
* Filmmaker bio (or a brief description of the producing organization.)
* Genre: Tell us if the film is a documentary, PSA, animation, experimental film, fiction or narrative.
* Country where the film was produced
* Year of production
* Film's running time and format (how long is the film & did you shoot the piece on video, or film?)
* Complete contact information (website, email address, mailing address and phone number.)
**NOTE: PLEASE do not send attachments as we can not open them.
2.The screening committee will contact you if they are interested in screening a VHS or DVD copy of your film/video/animation.
After reading the information you submit, we will be in touch to let you know if we'd like for you to send us a copy of your film/video/animation.
3.If we decide we would like to screen the film in YOUTH PRODUCING CHANGE, we will be in touch with you to invite the film to screen in our festival.
Please feel free to be in touch with Jennifer Nedbalsky at (212) 216-1247 or nedbalj(at)hrw.org if you have any questions or would like further information.
Thanks! We look forward to seeing your films!
Jennifer Nedbalsky Miguel Salinas
Program Manager Program Manager
Human Rights Watch International Film Festival Adobe Youth Voices