"A World Fit for Children"
Looking for a way to make a difference? Create a one-minute video telling the world what young people think about the world they live in and how they're making a difference.
In honor of the 5th Anniversary of the Special Session for Children, UNICEF asks youth to look at the four priorities of the session's adopted agenda "Building a World Fit for Children": Promoting healthy lives; Providing quality education; Protecting children against abuse, exploitation and violence; Combating HIV/AIDS. How have these goals been achieved in your community? What problems still exist in your communities? What suggestions do you have to fix these issues? What can be done to make the world better for children?
Express, Speak Out, Take Action.
Videos will be reviewed by a global panel of media professionals and displayed on the main UNICEF website. The winning video will be made available for broadcast around the world on The International Children's Day of Broadcasting, vodcast by UNICEF, featured on the UNICEF and Voices of Youth websites and honored at the PROMAX/BDA Conference in New York.
- Videos must show that young people are aware of issues facing their communities and/or are taking action to make the world a better place.
- Videos must capture the mission of Voices of Youth - to promote and protect every child's right to know more (Express), say more (Speak Out) and do more (Take Action) about the world they live in.
- All videos must be exactly 1 minute long
- Participants must be below 25 years of age
- Submissions can be either by an individual or a group, and can be sponsored by an organization or corporation
- All videos should be free of copyright materials
- All videos must be received by March 30, 2007
How to submit your video
- Each video should be submitted with: your name(s), age(s), postal address, an email address (if possible), telephone number and title of the video.
- Videos must be submitted as compressed mpeg, avi or mov files via
- Email (if under 4 mb) to: email@example.com.
- Upload to server (if over 4mb) contact firstname.lastname@example.org for server information
- CD/DVD via regular mail to:
Media Media Network Coordinator
c/o European Centre for Media Competence
Bergstrasse 8 / 11th floor
- Short listed entries will be asked to submit master copies of broadcast quality via surface/air mail on a DVcam tape.
Young People's Media Network - Coordinator
c/o ECMC (European Centre for Media Competence)
Bergstr. 8 / 11th floor
D-45770 Marl - Germany
Mobile: +49 176 23107083
Mailing list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/youthful-media