International Photoshare Photo Contest
Entries will be accepted August 1 - October 15, 2005. Download Entry Form.
Photography is powerful tool for communicating local health and development issues. Do you have photos of programs in action and the people you serve? Pictures illustrating the realities of urban and rural life in developing countries? Snapshots from your personal travels, volunteer service, or work experience? You may have an award-winning photo!
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health
- Agricultural & Economic Development
- Democracy & Governance
- Humanitarian Assistance
- Global Health (open subject)
- Human Interest (open subject)
*Participants may submit one photo per category (8 photos maximum). See sample contest photo subjects.
Winning photos and photographers will be publicly announced and featured on our website in December 2005.
|1st Place*||$300 USD; Canon PowerShot SD500 Digital ELPH Camera||Canon/The INFO Project|
|2nd Place*||$200 USD; Canon PowerShot S60 Digital Camera||Canon/The INFO Project|
|3rd Place*||$175 USD||The INFO Project|
|Best of Category (8)*||Certificate||The INFO Project|
|Honorable Mention (8)**||Certificate||The INFO Project|
|Outstanding Photoshare Contributor**||Canon PowerShot G6 Digital Camera||Canon|
|Photoshare Image of the Year**||Canon PowerShot SD400 Digital ELPH Camera||Canon|
|Best Use of a Photoshare Image**||Certificate||The INFO Project|
*Selected by an independent panel of judges, with Best of Show (1st, 2nd, 3rd places) selected from Best of Category.
** Selected by Photoshare staff.
Contest Guidelines and Rules
- All entries and accompanying entry forms must be received by October 15, 2005 (delivery or E-Mail) to qualify for consideration. Entries arriving late with a postmarked date of October 15 will be accepted until 5:30pm on October 19.
- Any individual or organization, with the exception of contest judges, are welcome to participate (including both amateur and professional photographers).
- One photo allowed per category (8 maximum): original color or black & white prints, slides, negatives, and digital images are acceptable. At a minimum, digital images must be approximately 1024 x 768 pixels. Photos below the minimum resolution, collages, photos without completed entry forms, and photos previously contributed to Photoshare are not eligible for consideration.
- Originals will be returned upon request at Photoshare's expense through UPS or DHL when a street address is provided (no P.O. boxes). Photoshare is not responsible for the loss or damage of photographs. However, in the event that photos are lost or damaged on return, Photoshare will resend digital copies, when available.
- Photos will be judged on the basis of content (relevance to category) and quality (e.g. lighting, composition, focus) by an independent panel of judges for cash and camera prizes.
- Entries that violate copyright or the laws of the country in which they were taken are not acceptable.
- The contest participant grants to The Johns Hopkins University, on behalf of Photoshare and The INFO Project at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health/Center for Communication Programs (CCP), a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use such photographs in its Photoshare database, and grants all such other rights, including the right to sublicense, the right to copy, distribute, publicly display or perform, and the right to create derivative works, as may be necessary to meet the requirements of the Photoshare database, and to fully realize and carry out the purposes thereof, without requiring The Johns Hopkins University to notify the Participant, seek the Participant's permission, or owe any form of compensation to the Participant. This agreement will apply to all photographs and other submissions supplied to CCP by the Participant and shall remain in full force and effect until cancelled in writing by either party or superceded by a subsequent agreement. The Participant understands that these images will provide useful information related to people, their living conditions, and their health, and that requests to use the photos will be carefully screened for appropriate and respectful objectives.
Download Entry Form.
Instructions for Delivery
Send prints, slides, negatives, or CD-ROMs to:
JHU/CCP Photoshare Contest
Attn: David Alexander
111 Market Place, Suite 310
Baltimore, MD 21202 USA
(Phone: 410-659-6280 | Fax: 410-659-6266)
*We recommend you choose a shipping method that includes a tracking number. Entries arriving late with a postmarked date of October 15th will be accepted until 5:30pm on October 19th.
Young People's Media Network - Coordinator
c/o ECMC (European Centre for Media Competence)
Bergstr. 8 / 10th floor
D-45770 Marl - Germany
Mobile: +49 176 23107083
Fax: +49 12126 23107083
Mailing list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/youthful-media